Production model to be used for the majority of the ponies in the game.
My Little Pony: Trinity (production name Ponytale: Trinity) is User:Mystic Monkey's second MLP:FiM fangame project after the canceled Ponytale: Midnight Castle. When will the game be finished is undecided (as required programs are yet installed) as development is extremely slow due to programming requirements. It will be aimed at the majority of bronies but gameplay wise easy for a younger audience.
Unlike the canceled Midnight Castle game, the story to this game does not contradict the canon to the cartoon My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. (At least the fanfictional parts does not directly contradict what is canon.)
The game is planned to have the option to be played with gamepad as it's recommended control but keyboard and mouse control will be default. The grapnics will be medium-poly to give a Dreamcast like graphics for nostalgic reasons.
The objective is to guide 3 ponies through Equestria while overcoming obstacles, solving problems and the occasional fight with enemies such as Razorbacks or monsters. This gameplay of controlling different characters simultaneously was inspired by 2004-6 games where single players can control multiple characters at once. For example Sonic Heroes which uses these mechanics. However unlike Sonic Heroes you will be able to select who you want in your team and benefit from different formula's of abilities between the ponies.
|Earth Pony||Applejack||Pinkie Pie|
Each pony has various abilities that can benefit the team in different ways, whenever passive such as health, status or defense to active such as moving, power and attacking. As you manage 3 of these ponies by players selection of the 6 will offer replay value from the different formula's you can experiment with.
As you play as one pony the other ponies will be independant and will help with fighting. With left and right on the D-pad you can switch to the other ponies to play at any given time, unless the pony is locked or petrified. Up and down on D-pad allows you to select the abilities that selected pony can use. What kind of abilities that pont can learn depends what type of pony she and/or if she is passive or agress.
Some obsticals in the game require 2 or all 3 ponies to interact with certain obsticals or part of the environment, these places of interactions are represented with Team Emblems above it, these emblems look like 2 or 3 knights pieces facing each other, each of these chess pieces may vary in colour and apperances which presents what type ponies are needed to interact.
|Violet||Small horn from head.||Unicorns|
|Sky||A single wing at the base of the piece.||Pegasi|
|Green||Neither horn nor wing.||Earth Ponies|
While the ×2 Team Emblems may vary in different combinations of required ponies, ×3 Team Emblems cannot be of one colour due to only 2 of each pony type in the six friends.
While an Action-adventure game there will be elements of RPG, such as Status ailements that can happen to a pony depending on what it endures.
- Lock - When a pony is locked, that pony cannot be switched too in the team. Only 2 ponies can be locked, if the third pony is locked then the weakest pony will be unlocked.
- Poison - HP of infected pony slowly drains over time until cured or the pony falls.
- Petrify - Simular to Lock, however the pony will also be immobile, unable to move or help. If all ponies are petrified it's Game Over. The only cure is to defeat the monster that originally petrified the victim.
- Confusion - Confused pony will just be very active and annoying instead of helping. May not respond to players controls half the time.
- Invincability - A temporary status that allows invulnrability from damage and ×2 attack power.
- Fall - When a pony has 0HP they will fall, another pony of the team must help fallen ponies back up (which will take 5 seconds). If all ponies fall then it's Game Over.
The game may also have an inventory of different items you can collect on the way, these treasures can be used or exchanged with others.
Apples will appear on the field. picking them up will restore HP or MP to the pony that collects the apple.
- Red apple - Restores moderade HP.
- Green apple - Restores moderade MP.
- Golden apple - Fully restores HP and MP.
- Zap apple - Bestows temporary invincability to the team.
These items can be carried in the drop-down box and can be used at any given time. They can either be hidden in places inside treasure chests or can be purchased in certain locations (like Zecora's home).
- Healing Potion - Restores HP.
- Magic Potion - Restores MP.
- Remedy - Cures "Poison".
- Absolve - Cures "Lock".
- Wake-up - Cures "Confusion", revives "Fallen" ponies.
Accessories are items that can be equipped to a pony to provide additional status abilities. They can be found, purchased or rewarded for side-quests.
- Immunity - Prevents "Poison".
- Key to Freedom - Prevents "Lock".
- Soundmind - Prevents "Confusion".
- Nursing pin - Makes healing item and abilities twice as effective.
- Phoenix Pinion - Equipped to Fluttershy, halves raise time when she is helping a fallen pony. Equipped to Twilight Sparkle, she will have a powerful fire spell.
Treasures that can be collected for side-jobs.
- Chess Piece - Equestrian knights had these as a sign of their great honour, skill and courage. (Epic Mount requires them)
- Green herb - A plant known for it's amazing healing properties. (Zecora requires them)
- Emerald of Discord - Crystal that hold unpredictable power. (Stolen fron a museum curator)
- (Story still in development)
The story starts with Twilight Sparkle and her friends using the Elements of Harmony to stop the main antagonist of the game, a modern verison of Grogar. However while they have manage to defeat Grogar, at a cost he destroyed the artifacts.
Princess Celestia inform the ponies that while the treasures that house the Elements of Harmony were destroyed, the ancient magic that is the Elements of Harmony still exist. To restore the Elements, the ponies must find the shrines hidden around Equestria and each restore their element. They must first venture to the ancient castle of the royal pony sisters (where the Elements were discovered in S01E02) to find the map to the shrines located around Equestria.
Meanwhile it turns out the destruction of the elements didn't insure the vanquish of Grogar. With a tribe of barbaric boars known as the Razorback on his side, he sures to prevent the restoration of the Elements of Harmony so that he may return to power.
- Pony civilians
- Spike (as Save Point of the game)
- Monsters of Everfree Forest (to fight)
- Diamond Dogs (Planned, hopefully)
- Guard Dogs
- Grogar - The Antagonist who wants to take over Equestria.
- Razorback - Common enemies that you may need to fight.
- New vespa monster for Everfree Forest.
- Epic Mount
The ghosts of the original 6 founders of Equestria, each with a story on the Elements of Harmony creation. They will look slightly different compared to their pageant counterparts, being that the play was a Historical reenactment with actors.
- Chancellor Puddinghead
- Smart Cookie
- Princess Platinum
- Clover the Clever
- Commander Hurricane
- Private Pansy
- The title Ponytale: Trinity was the production name and was changed. While all MLP:FiM fan-work by User:Mystic Monkey is called Ponytale, these stories usually center on his pony Epic Mount. Being that this game will closely be based on the cartoon than Ponytale. Epic Mount himself will have a minor role in the game as a guide through Everfree Forest.
- Accessories, each pony can wear at least one and grant pony additional status abilities or immunities.
- The main enemies of the game will be boars, they are from the tribe of warrior pigs known as the Razorbacks and have been deluded to help Grogar. While they serve as the foot soldiers of the game, monsters such as manticores, cockatri and timberwolves will be enemies you can fight. There is no actual bloodshed nor defeating these enemies will result in there death, they will just dissapear video-game style than by logic.